Monday, March 30, 2009

sleep

I am continuing to have trouble with the boys at bedtime. Last night, Dallin fell asleep at 6:00 because church kept him from having a nap. I hoped Porter would fall asleep early too, but he stayed up watching Scooby Doo. I put Porter to bed at 8:30. I read him books and then had to lay "behind" him until he fell asleep because he was scared. He finally fell asleep but was coughing a lot. Just as I finished brushing my teeth so that I could go to bed, Dallin woke up crying because his feet had come uncovered. He told me not to leave, so I laid down on his floor until he fell asleep again. I was getting up to go to bed, when Porter woke up crying and came looking for me. He said he was too scared to stay in his room and needed me to stay with him. He had been asleep for about 10 minutes when Dallin woke up again and was upset. I went back to laying on Dallin's floor. Dallin fell back asleep pretty quickly but then Porter started screaming. He had woken up and saw his dinosaur's tail. He thought there was a monster in his room. This time, I got Porter to take some medicine for his coughing (that would make him drowsy) and he finally fell asleep for good. Then Dallin woke up AGAIN and I had to go back to him. I fell asleep on Dallin's floor, only to be woken up every 20 minutes or so to re-cover Dallin's feet with his blanket, get Dallin juice, find Dallin's "tiny Elmo," etc. I never actually made it to my own bed. I think they have some kind of plot to keep me from sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. We ended up getting a cot that we throw out on our bedroom floor for when Monkey Do won't sleep alone (or maybe you need one for their floor?). T is terrified of the noise the garbage truck makes at 6:00 a.m. every wednesday morning. Now, any big noise will send him running into our room telling me that "the garbage is scary". Hang in there. Thomas did this same thing to me about 6 months ago. I solved it by dumping him in Samuel's bed with him. Good thing S is a deep sleeper.

    ReplyDelete