Monday, March 23, 2009

juice

This morning on the way to daycare, Porter asked if I could pick them up tonight. I said that I couldn't, that Dad would get them. Porter said that they don't like Dad and don't want him to come. I asked why. Porter said, it is because Dad doesn't take care of them. I said, "how doesn't he take care of you." Porter said, "he doesn't get us more juice when we are thirsty. We ask nice and say please and he says, 'you don't need any more juice.' But we are so thirsty we will die and we don't have any more juice. That is not taking care of us. He doesn't give us dinner either. You are the only one who feeds us." I sort of doubt that Joe doesn't feed them. He just feeds them things that they don't think are real food, like cereal and clif bars. He is trying to get them to drink less juice though and it is not being well received.

On the up side. We bought a family pass to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point and went on Saturday evening. Porter and Dallin have been very interested in dinosaurs lately. We rented Dinosaur from the library and they have been watching it a lot. They have also been talking about dinosaurs this month at daycare. They liked the museum very much. Porter has been asking to go back ever since. I think he wants to spend more time perusing the gift shop. Dallin's favorite part was the giant turtle skeleton.



Speaking of dinosaurs and daycare, I am in a small dilemma. Porter brought his favorite little dinosaur to daycare on friday and didn't come home with it. When I was putting him to bed, he started to cry and said that his teacher threw pteranadon away. I told him we would figure this out on Monday when we went back to daycare. On the way there this morning, Porter started to cry again that he missed pteranadon. I asked the teachers there and none of them seemed to know anything about it and said they would look. One of the little girls though said, "it is in the garbage." I asked her why and she said it was because Porter was sticking it up his nose. I guess the staff who threw it away isn't there in the mornings. I know that he should behave and they should have taken the dinosaur away if he was being inappropriate but I don't think they should have thrown away the dinosaur. I was hoping whoever had thrown it away would be there so I could ask her about it and see if maybe Porter had misunderstood and she had actually just put it on time out or something. I guess I will have to talk to the director about this now.

1 comment:

  1. That's right! Give that worker the smack down!! Mention that you are a lawyer (because honestly isn't that like one of the perks of being a lawyer? Being able to throw around that you are one?)Poor Porter. Is it possible to get a replacement pteranadon?

    ReplyDelete