Monday, March 9, 2009

I hate "springing forward"

Hmm, this is the second thing I have titled "I hate . . ." I should really work on my attitude.

Anyway, it is 10:30 and I am just now getting to work. Because we have church at a bad time (1:00pm), it has always conflicted with nap time but we have learned to live with it, until yesterday. Yesterday, Porter and Dallin sat down to watch a movie at about 6:30. 5 minutes in, Dallin was snoring and nodding, still sitting on the couch fast asleep. I took him off to bed and hoped (really hoped) that he would just sleep through the night. No such luck. He woke up crying at about 11:30, just as I was finally falling asleep. Joe went in to see if he could anything for Dallin, but that just made Dallin madder. After I went in, Dallin settled down and demanded to be taken out to the couch to sit down. When we got out there, he wanted Cheese Its and a clean diaper. After being changed, he sat happily on the couch watching Nick at Night, eating Cheese Its and drinking apple juice. Finally, at 12:30, I got tired of waiting for him to get worn out again and said he would have to go back to his bed. He started screaming, "no go bed, no go bed." We both ended up sleeping on the floor in his room, away from my alarm clock. We were finally awoken at 8:30 when Porter came looking for me because his pillow had fallen off his bed and he couldn't find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment