Thursday, March 12, 2009

Peter Pan

Continuing his preoccupation with old people always being on the verge of death, Porter has decided that he doesn't want to get older. He said he doesn't want to have any more birthday because he doesn't want to get big and grow up. I asked if that meant that he didn't want to turn 5 and have a birthday. He said yes, he would still like to turn 5 but 10 is as old as he wants to get. Anything older than 10 is too old. He must be surprised that I can even get out of bed, I am so old.

In a unrelated discussion, Porter was discussing with me why I wore glasses and no one else in the family did. I tried the "just because" answer and it didn't work. I finally told him that it was because my eyes were a funny shape and so they didn't work quite right. Porter then decided that he and Dallin must have eyes shaped like Dad's so theirs work perfectly like his. This lead us to talk about how people come in all different shapes and sizes, some people have blue eyes and some people have brown, etc. Later today, we say twin sisters and McDonalds. Porter wanted to know why they looked just like each other. I told him about them being twins and how some brothers and sisters look just like each other and some look different than each other. Porter then said, "yeah, and we are all different shapes. I am a rectangle and Dallin is a square. You are a circle. Dad is a triangle." Mostly a good discussion, though I am not happy to be the circle. I know I am getting a bit chubby, but really, I don't think I am totally circle shaped yet. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment