Tuesday, February 23, 2010

when you are dead

I'm sure every family has little night time traditions, things they say to each other, etc. We have unwittingly fallen into one of our own. Every night, before they go to bed, my boys tell me how much they will miss me when I am dead. They mean it very sincerely and often discuss when I will die, if they can die with me, how much they don't want me to die, etc. Sometimes, one of them will even start to cry thinking about it. My death and dad's death have been a topic of concern for Porter for quite a while and I don't know why. Except for a dead cat, he has not really been exposed to death and it is certainly not something Joe or I bring up with them. Dallin has now joined in Porter's worries. Frankly, I am starting to get a complex about this, like they are expecting me to die soon. It is nice to be loved but I geez, wish they could be a little more upbeat about the whole thing.

1 comment: