Saturday, February 20, 2010

puzzle

Last night Dallin put together his first real puzzle. He has done those little board puzzles before but never something this difficult. He was so proud of himself. After he was done, he went running around the house looking for everyone to show us the puzzle. He kept saying, "I did such a good job. I did it all by myself." He made us all promise not to break his puzzle. Later, as he was sitting on the couch, he said to Joe, "I am just lookin' at my puzzle." Then he decided we should take a picture of it. He took this picture of his puzzle

Then he wanted to take pictures of his family
(this is Joe)
(this is Porter)

Dallin also colored me a picture yesterday yesterday with his glitter glue. We were home because Porter was sick (when I would give him tylenol for his throat pain, Porter would say that the medicine was going to wash away the sick). I went to check on Dallin and he was at the kitchen table making me a picture. He said, "I am workin' so hard on your picture mom." It is a picture of a glitter squid.
Also yesterday, I got grumpy with the boys for a while. Even though Porter was sick, he wasn't too sick to fight with Dallin and I think Dallin was bored because he kept purposely instigating stuff with Porter. Porter asked me if I was mad (he does that now) and who I was most mad at. Even though they had been naughty, when I thought about it, I realized that I wasn't really that upset with them, I was mostly upset about something work related and I was letting it get me angry about everything. I am not good at compartmentalizing and not taking out my frustrations on people who don't deserve it. I will try to work on that.

1 comment:

  1. I love your kids!

    Doug and I take our frsutrations out on the dog and each other when stress takes over our lives. It's hard to recognize those things in the moment. It's even harder to admit that we need to change.

    ReplyDelete