Tuesday, February 9, 2010

lucky day

Today Porter's wart started to fall off. He told me it must just be his lucky day. I asked him what else was lucky about today. He said it was that his school stuff wasn't scary. (He had gone for his assessment today. At first, he didn't even want to go with the lady and had to be coaxed. When he came back though, he said he wanted to talk to that lady every day. She was very nice. I asked what she had talked to him about. He said, "just rhyming, like rain and train." He said she asked him his name and if he had gone to preschool. He told her that he hadn't been to any preschool. I guess he forgot about all the preschool he does at daycare). Porter has a friend over right now. Dallin is desperate to be included. He put on his Wolverine costume in the hopes of impressing the friend. So far, Porter is making sure that Dallin gets shunned though. It must be hard to be a little brother. I guess I will have to start having friends over for Dallin too.

On a whole other note, Porter surprised me in the car by just saying, out of the blue, "I'm glad we get to choose things. If we followed Satan we wouldn't get to choose. He would just make us eat whatever he wanted for dinner." Then he asked why Heavenly Father would let Satan do that. I said Heavenly Father didn't want Satan to be bad but Satan was Heavenly Father's son and he chose to be bad. Porter said, "like Scar on Lion King because Scar is Mufasa's brother and Mufasa is good and Scar is bad. Scar wanted everyone to follow him." (Then there was some more Lion King plot discussion). At the end, Porter said he didn't understand why anyone would follow Satan. It wouldn't be fun. I was so impressed with how much he understood. Too bad these moments are few and far between.

1 comment:

  1. You have such a good memory for your kids funny stories! I never remember anything! They are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete