Tuesday, September 29, 2009

what the . . .

Porter is in the bad habit of saying "what the. . ." all the time. He often follows it with something nonsensical like "what the boob" or "what the doodie." (He also says "holy shoot" a lot and makes me nervous everytime). Anyway, this morning Porter was enjoying his breakfast and said "what the deliciousness." Hilarious. Later, we were getting ready to take Dicken into Uncle Jess to be neutered (Thanks Jess. Cross your fingers that it will stop Dicken from peeing) and Porter was selecting a car to bring along. He said he wanted to find a good one to show Uncle Jess. I asked him if he would actually show the car to Jess, since he is so shy. He said, "maybe, but I just get so nervous." Finally, in another funny little Porterism, he was tossing and turning in bed and I asked him what he was doing. He said, he just couldn't get at a good angle. He kept getting bad angles.

Dallin is still being Dallinesque. He has started telling me that he is hungry for certain things, like "I am hungry for a hot dog" or "I am hungry for cheese sandwich." He recently said that he was hungry for Peeps. I don't how he could even remember what Peeps are. He also has started making up stories about Uncle Jacob. He told me that Jamba Juice is Uncle Jacob's favorite and that he went there with Uncle Jacob. He tells all the time about places that Jacob has taken him or things Jacob has given him. Recently, Joe left new toy cars out on the table for Porter and Dallin. When they found them, Dallin believed that Jacob had left the cars. Porter agreed.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your little boys. They remind me of Jackson (when he was younger) and Gavin. I am sorry to hear that Uncle Jacob is getting credit for the suprises from dad. Atleast Uncle Jacob comes off looking pretty good to his nephews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Heidi. We will have to have Gavin over again soon. Porter has been talking about playing with him again.
    Jacob has always been Dallin's hero. I'm afraid Dad has never compared in Dallin's eyes. Maybe I could use him like Santa Claus (like if Dallin isn't good, Uncle Jacob won't come in the middle of the night and leave him presents anymore)

    ReplyDelete