Thursday, September 10, 2009

daycare photos

Every six months or so, the daycare has picture day. It has become responsible for some of the funniest professional photos I think I have ever been taken of my kids.





It all started with these two. Porter looks like he going to cry (he probably was) and Dallin looks like a fat little king on his throne



Next came these two. Admittedly, they are not that bad, especially Porter's. It is just that Dallin is making his nervous face (with his tongue poking his cheek) and so I have to wonder what he suffered through for the picture.



The next set of photos makes me laugh every time I see them. It is not that the photography is bad. The theme is just hilarious to me, as are the boy's facial expressions.
they really could have stepped out of 1936 in this picture, both looking so downtrodden


seriously, just look at his face, he must have to fish for his family's dinner all the time


(notice the title of the book that Porter is supposed to be perusing. I'm sure all four-year olds read biographies of Abraham Lincoln)


(Porter's smile is really cute, he looks like he belongs in an episode of the Little Rascals or something)




And finally, came these . . .
Porter looks good


and who doesn't love a little gremlin-face smile,
but it is the group shot that is the coup de grace . . .


hee hee hee, I guess the photographer must usually do engagement photos and couldn't think of any other poses (I am thinking of submitting it to awkward family photos).

Hopefully in a couple of months, I will be blessed with more wonderful pictures of Porter and Dallin.

1 comment:

  1. These are so awesome. That last one made me laugh so hard. I wouldn't have thought anything of it until I read what you wrote about engagement pictures. Now I see it all different. What a great thing for a day-care to do. When I worked as a teacher at a daycare they didn't do that at all.

    ReplyDelete