Monday, October 26, 2009

H1N1

About three weeks ago, I got a flu shot at work and realized it was time to take the boys to get theirs. The pediatrician's office only had FluMist and so the boys got that (which they greatly preferred anyway. Well, at least Porter did. Porter has been known to hide under chairs screaming when it is time to get a shot. Dallin claimed to want a shot from the doctor though. He would have changed his mind when he found out what a shot actually is). The doctor told us that the boy couldn't have another mist vaccine for 30 days. It didn't seem like a problem at the time. Little did I know, H1N1 is only available in Mist form (if it is available at all). We have to wait until November 7th to be eligible for mist. In the meantime, Dallin found a small bottle of "hanitizer" in the kitchen and has been using it liberally for about a week. Porter realized what was going on today and I had to get him his own bottle now. Hopefully, our "hanitizing" will be enough.

1 comment:

  1. They have more of the flu mist, but I managed to get a shot by telling them I was nursing. I'm not, but figured I could be forgiven the lie so I could get a seasonal flu vaccine asap as well without waiting the 30 days. Janie is too little for any flu vaccines at all and now that we have a little disease monkey (I mean kindergartener) in the house, I am not taking any chances.

    ReplyDelete