Monday, April 13, 2009

easter highlights

Okay, so I will put pictures on later but I just wanted to post a couple of my favorite moments from Easter
(1) Joe and I woke up to the sound of something shaking. The noise got closer and closer until Dallin tapped me and said "I found eggs, Easter bunny comed." Then Dallin climbed into bed with us and ate jelly beans out of his Easter eggs. I told him we couldn't look for more until Porter woke up so he set half of his aside and said, "these fo Potor."

(2) the Easter Bunny gave Porter and Dallin pajamas. Porter's were Batman and Dallin's were Wall-e. Both were thrilled. Porter saw his and said, "how did Easter Bunny know that I love Batman?"

(3) Porter and Dallin got fish for Easter - betas. Dallin named his "goldfish." Porter named his "fish." While Porter was alone with his fish, he decided to feed it. He poured the whole bottle of fish food in. Later, he looked at his little fish and told me that the water was "soiled" and Fish didn't like it. We had to clean out the fish bowl then.

(4) I said something to Porter about the Easter bunny and he asked which one? I told him the Easter bunny and he asked "which one?" again. I asked him if he thought there was more than one Easter bunny. He said yes, the one at the museum was not the same as the one at the mall. They wore different shirts, had different colored eyes and ears, and one wore gloves. For a child who was too terrified of either Easter bunny to sit on its lap, he sure remembered a lot of details about them. I told them that the bunny at the museum was Peter Cottontail who lives with Easter Bunny and helps him out. Dallin called his stuffed bunny Peter Cottontail for the rest of the day.

(5) This isn't really Easter related, but it happened on Easter. While at church, Dallin decided to sing "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" very loudly during the sacrament. We went out into the hallway and sat. Dallin played nicely with the other kids for a while. He even helped Hope Potter with her shapes puzzle. Near the end of the meeting, he got angry at me and laid on the floor and started calling me names. He used all the naughty names he is not supposed to call people, "stink butt," "poop butt," "penis butt," "butt butt," and "pee butt." (Anyone else notice a theme here?). He yelled them louder and louder as I carried him down the hall to sit on timeout. Hooray. One of the young men was sitting in foyer with us and couldn't stop laughing.

1 comment:

  1. Someday when you are old and senile (or pretending to be) you can take your turn embarassing him in public. Your day will come....

    ReplyDelete