Wednesday, July 7, 2010

two more

Tonight Dallin and I were watching Porter play soccer (and Joe coach). Dallin told me that he wants to play soccer on a team too. I asked him if he would play the whole game and not cry or get mad and leave (like he is apt to do). He said, "if I play soccer, I will never get upset." He thinks Joe will be his coach too and he will get to wear a blue shirt like Porter. Joe has already sworn that he will not coach three-year-olds, five-year-olds are as young as he can handle. And I have no idea what color shirt they would put him in. That said, he has been much better about doing all of gymnastics lately (he used to cry during most of warm ups and then would usually do the other stuff happily) so maybe he could handle soccer.

Later tonight some guy came to the door to try to sell us something. He was chatting with Joe and asked how many kids we had. Joe said two and asked if the guy wanted to take one. Continuing with the joke, the guy said yes and said that he was really fun and had fourwheelers at home. That was all Dallin had to hear. He went to get his shoes and started heading out the door. We tried to talk him into coming back but he was intent on leaving. Finally, the guy said his four-wheelers were broken. Then Dallin realized that we were teasing him and ran into the house to be held and hide his face. He was pretty embarrassed. I told him I was glad he stayed, we would miss him too much if he was gone. I was surprised how willing he was to leave us behind though, all for a ride on a four-wheeler.

2 comments:

  1. so funny! I like your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that when Dallin got to play soccer that he did get to wear a blue shirt just like Porter.

    ReplyDelete