Sunday, July 18, 2010

odds and ends

This is a picture from our Saturday hike. Porter wanted to look for caves and crystals. He said the best thing in the world is to look for crystals and trade them for money. Hollywood Connection is the second best place. The trail wasn't as good as we hoped. It didn't have hardly any shade and certainly no caves or crystals. Dallin didn't like it. He got hot and sweaty. Joe had to carry him most of the way down because he was too tired to go on. Porter collected pocketfuls of rocks though so he mostly liked it.
SOCCER
Porter has been playing soccer at the Kearns rec center. Joe got roped into the being the coach. I think he likes it though


the team's biggest fan. He even wears an extra jersey.


DALLIN
Dallin decided to decorate the house with these post-it notes. They are all over the house. He was really proud of himself. He was pleased to show all of his hard work to Joe and I.

Speaking of Dallin, he seems to have inherited a bad habit from me; nail-biting. He has been doing it for several months now. He usually denies it but I have caught him a couple of times and it is clear from his nails that he has been biting them. I can't be mad at him though for obvious reasons.


PORTER AT THE AQUARIUM
On tuesday, the boys and I planned to go our ward play group. We were too late for car-pooling (mostly since Porter slept in until 9:45) and tried to find it on our own. We were looking for the temple stone quarry. After driving around for more than an hour trying to find it, I figured play group would be over and we gave up. We went to the aquarium instead, since it was so close. Porter made special friends with this one stingray. It stayed by him for several minutes, being petting. Other people came by and were impressed that he had charmed this stingray so much.

I don't have a picture for this but it is a funny story. Porter was telling us about earwigs the other day. He told us that they climb in your ears and control you and eat your brain. I think someone at daycare has watched Wrath of Khan. He also told me not to fall asleep in any caves because the scorpions would sting me unless I have a force-field.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you didn't find playgroup. It was so much fun and SO many boys. We missed you, but you're lucky your kids sleep in so well.

    ReplyDelete