Sunday, July 11, 2010

dinner

okay, so I am not always the greatest dinner, but tonight was pretty bad. I can attribute it to two basic problems. First, I bought a "boneless turkey breast" which sounded fine but is apparently a bunch of the disgusting parts of the turkey all smooshed together and tied up with twine. Second, the only flavor of Rice-A-Roni we had was chicken and garlic and it was also disgusting. I had forgotten to buy rolls or anything so the rice was the only thing I could think of and I didn't realize that chicken garlic flavor was so unpleasant. I also tried to make sweet potatoes, which I think came out perfectly well but I guess no one else likes sweet potatoes. Porter finally tasted one and he convinced himself that it would be terrible. As soon as he put it in his mouth, he started throwing up (he does this sometimes, he persuades himself that he won't like something and gets so worked up that he starts gagging and then throwing up as soon as he puts it in his mouth. It is annoying. I have a hard time feeling bad for him because I know it is all in his head). After that (and a discussion of the other times they have thrown up - Dallin at the hospital after he hit his head and at home in the toilet and Porter at Chick-fil-a and at home), Dallin refused to try a sweet potato. I told him he couldn't play Wii without trying one bite but he wouldn't do it. Porter wanted Dallin to play Wii with him and tried to convince him to just try one so he could play. Porter promised that Dallin wouldn't throw up if he ate just one. Dallin still wouldn't eat it so no Wii for Dallin all night. That meant that Dallin harassed Porter the whole time he played and so it was fun for no one. So much for trying to get them to eat new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment