Monday, July 19, 2010

the tale of the rose panties

When I was growing up, one of the stories my mom loved to tell us what the story of the rose panties. Apparently my sister Megan and I had one pair of underwear with roses on the back between us and we fought bitterly over them (why no one ever thought to just buy us a second pair, I will never know). One night, Megan woke everyone up in the middle of the night because she kept crying. My parents tried everything they could think of to settle her down and get her to go back to sleep. Nothing worked. Finally, she told them that she wanted to wear the panties with the rose on them and I was wearing them. My parents talked me into taking them off and giving them to Megan (gross, I know, but we were both under five so we didn't know any better). When Megan got the underwear, she shook her little bum at me and said, "ha ha, I have the panties with the rose on them and you don't."
I never thought that with boys, they would fight over underwear too. However, Joe was folding laundry yesterday and Dallin saw Porter's Transformer's underwear. He told Joe and I that those underwear were too small for Porter and Porter didn't need them anymore. They should belong to him. Then he grabbed them up and said he would just put them in his drawer now so that we wouldn't accidentally give them to Porter. Later, when he was wearing them, Dallin went to show his "new" underwear to Porter. There was some bum wiggling. Porter was upset. He did accept it when I told him that the underwear were too small for him now and we would need to buy him some new ones though. Dallin hopes that there will be some Toy Story underwear for him too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing out loud at this. Your boys are hilarious... and so are you!

    ReplyDelete