Wednesday, March 17, 2010

love bug

yesterday, I called Porter, "Honey" while we were in the car. Porter asked me why I always call him, "honey." I said it was because he was sweet and loved him. We call people things like "honey" and "sweetheart" when we love them. He reminded me that I don't usually call him "sweetheart." That is what I call Dallin. I asked him if he doesn't like being called "honey" and what he would like me to call him. He said I can call him whatever I want but that he really likes "love bug." He has never really seemed to care about such things before and I never would have guessed that he liked to be called "love bug." It particularly annoys Joe when I call the boys names with "bug" in them so I try not to use those nicknames. I will have to try to remember to call Porter "love bug." I wonder what Dallin likes to be called.

We went to the mall yesterday to see the Easter Bunny. At first, Dallin went up to Easter Bunny and gave his little shy smile. He didn't want to sit on Easter Bunny's lap, but he did talk to him and hold his hand. He also hugged Easter Bunny and gave him a high five. Porter would not even get close to Easter Bunny. Later, he regretted it because he wanted to tell Easter Bunny what he wanted for Easter. We went back after we ate lunch (there was no one else in line so it wasn't too much of a hassle to go back). I was not allowed to listen. I had to stand back where I couldn't hear. Then Porter went and sat on Easter Bunny's lap and told him that he wanted the Transformers toys and Star Wars legos. Dallin just waved to Easter Bunny this second time.

1 comment: