Wednesday, March 10, 2010

go between

Porter has gotten himself a spokesman. It is Dallin. It started a couple of days ago. Porter has been obsessing about getting a pack of toys he saw at Sears while we were shopping for a fridge. Multiple times a day, Porter will ask me to go get the transformers pack of toys for him. He talks about it constantly. He has not been successful in persuading us to get him the toy so he turned to Dallin. On Monday, I heard Porter tell Dallin that he had a secret for him. A few minutes later, Dallin came into my room and told me that I needed to buy Porter the new toy. Since then, in addition to constantly bothering me about the toy, Porter has sent Dallin to speak for him. Dallin tells us that Porter has to go to the bathroom, that Porter wants me to come into his room, that Porter can't find his nerf sword, etc. Dallin does all of this at the direction of Porter. Dallin spends a lot time running between Porter's room and the other rooms in the house, delivering Porter's missives. Dallin seems happy with his position as Porter's page.

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny, but maybe he is onto something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has been going on in our house for years. Josh seems to think if he has Vince petition us for favors, it'll be more successful. I asked Josh once why he thought we'd give Vince something but not Josh. He was pretty sure it was because Vincent was littler and cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that is hilarious. hahaha

    ReplyDelete