Tuesday, December 22, 2009

silly

Porter had a string of funny things to say yesterday. He slept in and I couldn't get him up, no matter what I tried. He didn't wake up when I opened his blinds or turned on his radio. He didn't even wake up when Dallin told him we would have donuts. I finally woke up when I started dressing him while he was still asleep. He asked if I knew why he slept so long. I said it must have been because he was so tired. He said no, it was because we grow in our sleep and he wanted to grow a lot. He wanted to be taller. Later, in the car, I asked him he wanted to go to the mall to see Santa tomorrow. He said no, Santa already knows what he wants. Finally, he noticed that it was foggy out and said, "Santa comes on a foggy Christmas Eve."

Today we went to see Santa the mall (we were there already and Porter changed his mind about seeing him). When it was our turn, Porter clammed up. Dallin made his request for a BYU Candycane and Porter couldn't speak. Santa asked him he wanted cars and Porter nodded. Afterward, Porter was astounded. He had told a previous Santa that he wanted cars. Even though he knew this wasn't the same Santa, he figured the first one must have been a helper or something because he reported Porter's desire to the real Santa. Then Porter told me that Rudolph isn't real. Santa only has 6 real reindeer and Rudolph isn't one of them. I wonder where he heard that.

Lest you think Dallin doesn't say his share of strange things, here are some Dallin examples. First, Dallin has decided he has a baby in his tummy and one in his head. The baby in his tummy is named Dallin Jr. and the baby in his head is named Koen (after his friend at daycare). He thought they would come out about a week ago but they are still inside him. Dallin also decided to fix my hair this morning. He spent about twenty minutes blow drying me and fixing my hair with different brushes and combs.

No comments:

Post a Comment