Thursday, December 3, 2009

nativity




One of the women in our ward sent out an email to everyone, telling us about a live nativity that one stake in Draper has put together. I took the boys. It was FREEZING. We waited outside for about two hours and were miserable most of the time. There were fires around, which helped, and live animals to pet, which took the boys' minds off being cold, but it was still kind of miserable. Dallin kept crying and being thirsty and Porter kept getting annoyed with Dallin and with being cold. I kept getting annoyed about the slow moving line, getting edged out of line when we tried to pet the camels, etc. I thought about throwing in the towel a couple of times but Porter said that he wanted to see baby Jesus. By the time we finally got the "Bethlehem" I was feeling pretty grumpy and was expecting to be let down. I was not. When we got to "baby Jesus," I was surprised at how moved I was. I could really feel the spirit. I wasn't sure if the boys would appreciate it though. We stood in front of the nativity for a few minutes and then I told them that we needed to give other people a chance to see. The didn't want to go. When we finally did go, Porter was crying and agreed to hold my hand (which he generally refuses to do). He said he was glad he waited, that it was very special to see baby Jesus. Even Dallin seemed to understand that it was important. He came home and told Joe that we went to see Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I was totally debating on whether I should have gone or not. Frank was gone last night and I didn't know if I wanted to brave the cold. Hopefully, they are still doing it next year.

    ReplyDelete