Monday, November 16, 2009

more

Tonight I was putting Dallin and Porter to bed and Dallin kept telling me to go away (as he does when he is tired). I said okay and got up. He started to cry and said, "don't go, I will be sared" (how he says "scared.") I told him not to tell me to go away then or I would go away and not come back. He said, "but I can't stop."

Dallin has been telling me that he will be scared all the time lately. He didn't want to go to nursery on sunday and so he told me he would be scared if I left him. I told him there was nothing to be scared about, there was nothing scary about nursery and so he replied, "but I will be sad." He also told me that when he was tiny baby he would cry. I asked why he was sad when he was a baby and he said that he was scared of monsters. He is still scared of monsters.

Porter passed on more advice to Dallin tonight about good manners. At dinner, Porter told Dallin that when you are eating and your mouth is full, if you want to talk you need to put your hand over your mouth. Then he demonstrated how to cover your mouth. At least he is learning something at daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment