Monday, August 17, 2009

July

I know July is over, but it was an eventful time for us. Joe's family came to town for a family reunion on the 24th. It was great to see everyone. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to take any pictures. If anyone has any, I would be happy to see them. While Dallin continues to love Brett and Jacob with his whole heart, Porter discovered that there are other uncles to love. He has been asking when he will see Uncle Isaac again. After the family reunion, we went to Yellowstone. Before leaving, Porter and I were walking his fish over to the neighbor's house for babysitting. I told Porter we needed to get home before Ben and Emily left. He asked if they were coming to Yellowstone and I said "no." He responded, "oh crap." Then he asked if Isaac and Erin were coming and I said "no" again. He replied, "oh crap," again. Despite the absence of Ben and Isaac, Porter and Dallin had a good time in Yellowstone. Dallin thought he would see and pet tigers, but accepted the lack of tigers with good humor. Dallin also was glad to spend time with Michayla. I asked him if he liked playing with her and he said, "yeah. Her is nice. Her is my friend. I love her." It was very sweet. As an added bonus, Dallin now blames all of his messes, etc. on Michayla.

Here are the boys on a dirt mound at the bear and wolf museum. Dallin is still saving bread to feed the bears in case we go back.


This is the boys looking at a bear.


We went to watch Old Faithful. Porter and Dallin could have cared less. They found some sticks and fought with them instead.



Dallin and grammy looking at the lake.


Joe videotaping hot pots (I'm not sure why)



I love this picture of Dallin and Joe jumping around on the pathway around the lake.



Joe and Porter at one of the falls




Porter rock climbing



Dallin doing a "ta da" on the rocks


Dallin at the waterfall














Dallin loved these painted buffalos. I have several pictures of him patting different buffalo bums





On the way home, we stopped at a rest stop in Idaho. Porter and Dallin rolled and somersaulted down the hill over and over






When we got back from Yellowstone, Joe and I still had a couple of days off. On Thursday, we went to Wheeler Farm. This is Dallin feeding the ducks and geese



Porter at Wheeler Farm pretending to drive a tractor



On Friday, I took the boys to the dinosaur park in Ogden. It was one of the greatest places they have ever visited. Because of this, Dallin now poses for pictures by saying "cheese roar"




This is Porter and Dallin fighting over who was going to stick their head out of this hole first.


Finally, on the next Tuesday, we went to the airplane museum with my sister Megan and her kids. This is Porter, Dallin and Jack posing in front of a plane.


Dallin loves cousin Afton. He always wants to kiss and hug her.

No comments:

Post a Comment