Monday, August 17, 2009

training wheels

I am happy to report that the training wheels are back on Porter's bike. Joe put them back on when his parents were out visiting. Porter is still suspicious, even though they have been back on for a couple of weeks. Every time Joe and Porter go on a bike ride, Porter specifies before they leave that he will only go if the training wheels are on. Then he will ask several times before they leave if the training wheels are still on. The other day, Porter told us that he was saving his money to buy a "Batman motorcycle with a sideways car on it. Not the Batman motorcycle that [Dad] tried to talk [him] into to ride his bike without training wheels." It makes me laugh. I'm glad that Porter is back to bike riding though.

On a bike-related note, I agreed that I should get a bike to go on family bike rides. I am afraid that I will regret it. We went to look for bikes. I care that it (a) look pretty, (b) not cost too much, and (c) not make my butt sore. These criteria don't matter to Joe. He seems to think that I may start riding competitively and will need some kind of fancy bike. He even told me that I can't buy a bike based on how it looks. Ugh. I felt bad for the salesman and the mixed messages he received regarding what kind of bike I was looking for.

Dallin is becoming a very funny little boy. Sometimes it is unintentional. He makes really funny faces when he talks. I don't think he knows that his eyebrows are always waggling. He speaks so matter-of-factly about things that it makes me laugh. If you say, "who threw dirt on the floor?," Dallin will say, "I did," with his lips pursed and his eyebrows moving around. He fears missing out on something so much that you just have to whisper "Scooby Doo" to him while he is asleep and he will jolt awake and head out to the living room in case someone is watching Scooby Doo. At daycare, there is now a bunny. Dallin loves the bunny and asks to stay with the bunny instead of going to his class. He will tell me stories about the bunny drinking water and licking his fur that are apparently so hilarious that Dallin can't hardly finish them. He has ever started eating carrots by the handful to be like the bunny.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! I, quite literally, had that EXACT same conversation with Isaac yesterday. We are trying to find me a bike and, no matter what Isaac says, I KNOW that I do not need a $1000 bike. I just want an inexpensive bike that is cute. Is that too much to ask? :-) After visiting 3 stores, we finally found one. Then we found out that the store no longer had it in the right size and it might be weeks before the new bikes come in. Sigh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh. I told Joe again and again that I will never ride a bike enough to justify spending more than a couple hundred dollars. He still keeps yanking $800+ bikes out for me to look at

    ReplyDelete