Saturday, July 18, 2009

on and on

Joe's efforts to try to get Porter to ride the bike have intensified. Joe bought "himself" a batman motorcycle that Porter will be allowed to play with if he rides the bike. Porter has been hardcore coveting the motorcycle but still will not ride his bike. Joe bought the motorcycle yesterday and Porter got it out of the bag in the car and started to open it to "help" Joe so that he would be able to open it easier when he got home. Joe took it away. Joe put it on top of the fridge, still in its packaging. This morning, Joe got up early and went to the gym. Porter got up about 10 minutes later and said that he would be just play with Dad's motorcycle while Dad was at work. He went out and found it still on top of the fridge. He asked if I would get it down. I said I couldn't because it was Dad's. Porter told me to go back to sleep and then he went out and got a chair and pulled the motorcycle down. I caught him and he said that he was just looking at it and wouldn't open it. All morning Porter tried to think of ways to open the motorcycle without me knowing. He said he wanted to get dressed in Dallin's room and he wanted me to cover my ears while I did it. When that didn't work, he tried to take the motorcycle to the bathroom so that Batman could watch him use the potty. Finally, when Dallin woke up Porter tried to hide in his room to open the motorcycle while I was changing Dallin. At one point, Porter came running out of his room to tell me that I might of thought that I heard the motorcycle opening but it wasn't. I said I would just go check and he ran down the hallway screaming that he hadn't opened it and threw himself on top of the motorcycle. When I got the motorcycle away and put it back on top of the fridge, Porter cried loudly for about a half an hour. Even after all that, he still doesn't want to ride his bike. I don't know what Joe will resort to next. The harder he pushes, the more resistant Porter becomes.

Joe is playing some kind of zombie shooting game on the X-box right now. He has tried to teach Porter how to play and Porter can't figure out the controller. Instead, Porter has now gotten his toy gun out and is just shooting at the tv with that. Ugh. Even Dallin worries about shooting zombies now. They came up with a plan the other day to escape if zombies came. It basically was to sacrifice me to the zombies while they ran away with Dad (because he is strong and runs fast and could get them away from the zombies while the zombies are busy eating me).

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about this whole saga. So much of it reminds me of situations in our household. I love all of Joe's feeble attempts. I'm glad I'm not the only one with stubborn kids. Keep the updates coming, can't wait to find out how it ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Joe good luck, Kate (age 7 1/2) finally took off on her bike today. I love it when they finally get it, they are so proud. Just give him time he'll eventually get it. If nothing else Dallin will beat him to the punch and he will decide if Dallin can do it so can he. This is what happened with Kimball and Nick.

    ReplyDelete