Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the standoff continues

Porter and Joe are still at odds about the training-wheeless bike. When I came home from work tonight, Joe was riding his bike around in circles in front of the house. Porter's bike was on the lawn, untouched. Joe did tricks, Porter watched and laughed but refused to get on his own bike. Joe tried bribing. He told Porter that he would get him the pack of motorcycles that Porter has his eye on if Porter would try riding his bike. Porter said no. Joe threatened. He said that he would never buy Porter the motorcycles, that they wouldn't even look at the motorcycles in the store if Porter wouldn't ride his bike. Porter said okay and continued to play with his toy cars. Joe explained repeatedly that Porter would never get the motorcycles. Porter casually continued to decline. I couldn't keep myself from laughing. Joe thought I was laughing at Porter's stubborness. I wasn't.

Dallin calls the other kids at daycare, "my kids," as in "her not nice to my kids" or "my kids play in dirt." It is very cute.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that little battle between Joe and Porter totaly reminds me of some situations we've had here between Gavin and Frank. The kids (and the dads) are very similar.

    ReplyDelete