Friday, July 3, 2009

highlights

I took the boys to the Children's museum on thursday and Porter brought his friend Gavin. It was mostly a good time, though it was really crowded. These are some of the highlights:
(1) I was trying to watch everyone at the same time and at one point realized that I couldn't see Dallin. I look around for a minute and couldn't find him. I gathered up Porter and Gavin and we looked harder for Dallin and still couldn't find him. We went to the front desk to report him missing. While I was talking with guy at the front counter, giving him a description of Dallin, etc., Dallin came running up to me, happy as could be. He said he wanted a toy. It seems he had been hanging out in the giftshop, looking for something for himself and didn't consider himself lost.
(2) on the way home, Gavin was telling Porter about wrestling with his dad. I am a little sketchy on the details, but apparently Gavin and his brother were hiding under a blanket when their dad came and scared them. It was pretty funny. Gavin then asked Porter what his dad did. Porter said, "he just hurts me until I cry." Gavin said, "oh" and launched into a new story. Before anyone calls social services, be assured that Joe doesn't actually really hurt Porter. Porter just doesn't like to wrestle and gets all worked up. If Joe pins him, Porter will cry until his lips turns blue and he starts yelling that he is choking. If Joe covers Porter with a blanket, Porter will freak out and cry again. Porter especially hates to be tickled (I understand, I too hate to be pinned down and tickled). Granted, I think that Joe should just let him go instead of harassing him further, but Porter gets himself into it, since he always initiates the wrestling. Anyway, I have been laughing to myself about Porter's response for days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment