Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dallin lately

Okay, so I am not going to try to cover two years of Dallin's little milestones, etc. I will just write about a couple of cute things that he has done lately.
Dallin always wants to sleep in Porter's bed lately. Whenever, I try to put Porter to bed first, Dallin finds out what is going in and comes in to find us. He is very wiggly and talkative. It takes forever to read a book with Dallin commenting the whole time and then Porter can't fall asleep with Distracting Dallin around. One night, I finally took Dallin out and he started angrily screaming/crying. He wriggled away from me in the living room and went running down the hall crying. He climbed into Porter's bed as fast as he could and tried to lay quietly, while sniveling and sniffling. Porter felt bad for him and said he could stay and Dallin was so excited that the wiggling started again. The other night, we decided to try again to let Dallin sleep with Porter. Dallin laid there wiggling again and talking to himself. Joe came in and Dallin looked up and said, "I not wiggling." All the while, he couldn't even keep his blanket on since his feet were going so much. I left for a minute and came back to a still-wiggling-Dallin who was singing the ABC's (which he didn't pretty well and only missed a couple of letters in the middle) and swinging "Winne Pooh" around. After he finished with the ABC's, he started singing "Jesus Sunbeam" which basically goes, "Jesus Sunbeam da da da da da Sunbeam, Sunbeam." It took almost an hour to get him to fall asleep but he started crying again whenever I told him he would have to leave Porter's room if he didn't settle down. At about two that morning, Porter and Dallin filed into my room carrying all of their things. Porter woke me up and said, "Dallin wants you to lay behind him" and then they both headed back into Porter's room, knowing that I would follow behind.

I found out the other night that Dallin can count to 10 (well, 7. It takes a little prompting to get the rest of the way). We were reading the book about the 10 Little Ladybugs and he counted all the ladybugs on the cover.

Dallin has always loved wrestling with Joe, but ever since watching "Kunk Fu Pana," Dallin has been quite skillful about fighting. He gets his fists up, kicks his legs, jumps on Joe, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment