Saturday, October 15, 2011

the return of the beetle

Today I sent Porter and Dallin outside to ride their bikes while I mopped the kitchen floor. Dallin came in after a few minutes, upset. It seems he couldn't get his bike out of the garage because the beetle was waiting for him near his bike. This was not any beetle, but the poisonous beetle. The beetle who tried to bite Dallin months ago in the empty field near our house. The beetle who ate the extremities of the dead mice, also found in the empty field. Apparently this beetle is no longer content to pursue people and animals in the field. It has decided to come after Dallin personally. I don't know how long it has been making its way over here, but it was just waiting for its opportunity to bite Dallin (and probably eat his hands too). Luckily, Dallin saw it before it could get him and he decided to sacrifice me instead. I had to get his bike out for him. I assume that the beetle is still waiting for Dallin and will hope for another opportunity soon. I guess Dallin should sleep with one eye open because the beetle could show up anywhere.

3 comments:

  1. It seems your family is being stalked by a very viscious creature. I hope Dallin makes it through this very traumatizing time. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny how through the eyes of a child it seems so big and scary. The funny thing is that sometimes that doesn't change. We had gone to our cabin and Kimball came out of the bathroom with a spider he had caught in a cup. He began describing how big and scary it was. He uncovered it and it was the size of a small house spider. I don't think he will be living that down anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete