Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dallin's observations

On Mother's Day, Joe and boys got me a new grill. It was very nice and I am grateful for it. When I woke up, it was in the living room and Dallin shouted, "it's so you can burn hotdogs for us!" He also thought there were thunder and lightening buttons on it.

A couple of days ago, Dallin wanted to wear socks and shoes instead of flip flops. I was trying to talk him into wearing the flip flops because it would be faster. Dallin told me that he needed socks because his feet were "private." Then he listed the other "private" parts of his body. He finished up the whole conversation singing a song of his own invention which was apparently called "My private penis."

After Osama bin Laden was captured and killed, Dallin and Porter wanted to talk about it. Joe and I hadn't mentioned this particular event to them because (1) they had never heard of bin Laden as far as we knew, (2) it wasn't really relevant to their lives, and (3) it is hard to explain why it is okay to kill some people. However, they heard about it somewhere and were talking about this guy who was dead (who may or may not be President Obama). I set them straight on who he was and said that the army had killed him because he was wicked and had killed a lot of people and would keep killing people if he got the chance again. Dallin made a very astute observation after that. He said, "it is like wicked King Noah. He was naughty and killed Abinadi. Then they killed him. He wanted to still be naughty."

1 comment: