Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday morning

this is how my Sunday morning went:

4:00am - Porter and Dallin carrying blankets come and poke me awake. "Mom, we are scared, come lay behind us." I fall asleep on the floor in their room.

7:30am - Dallin: "Ole McDontald had a farm on dat farm der was a cow e i e i o. GO AWAY POOHBALL! GO AWAY POOH! GO AWAY POOH! Mom, I pooped."

8:00am - (after changing said poopy boy, getting him juice, etc., and trying to go back to sleep). Dallin: "Mom Ilay by you. . . . Mom, I hiding." More singing.
Mom: Dallin go away, I'm still tired, go watch tv with dad."
Dallin: "I not want to. I need juice. . . Mom, get me water."
Mom: "Dallin go ask Dad to help you."
Dallin: "No, I not like Dad." Dallin leaves and goes into the living room
Dallin: "Porter, you get me water."
Porter: "get your own water Blue."
Dallin: "I can't, see." (demonstrates how he can't reach the water). Porter then gets Dallin a cup of water. Dallin drinks it and spills on himself
Dallin: "Mom, I all soaked. I want candy."
Mom: "No Dallin."
Dallin: "Mom, get me gummy worms."
Mom: "No Dallin." Dallin goes back into the living room
Dallin: "Porter, you get me gummy worms."
Porter: "I can't reach them Dallin."
Dallin: "You try."
Porter: "I can't get them without a chair."
Dallin: "yeah, you get chair"
Porter: "okay." (Porter pushes a chair over and gets the gummy worms out. He and Dallin eat the rest of the bag.)

9:00am - (after I have fallen back asleep) crash, bang, smash noises. Porter crying uncontrollably. Porter has a bump on his head from running into the wall. I wake up for good.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like these two boys know how to tag team and get what they want even when mom says no. I can just picture Porter and Dallin getting the gummy worms.

    ReplyDelete