Tuesday, September 14, 2010

when violence is the answer and other funny things

Dallin has been exhibiting a fairly violent streak lately. He has always been a bit of a hitter, etc. I kind of chalked it up to being a boy, since both boys hit, kick, wrestle, etc. whenever the mood strikes. Lately though, everytime Dallin sees someone in a situation that they might not want to be in, he wonders why they don't just punch their adversary in the face really hard. It makes sense, sort of, when he is watching Spiderman, etc. and he says "why doesn't Spiderman just punch him in the face, like this" (and then he demonstrates). It makes less sense, for instance, when he sees ants outside and wonders why they don't just punch either for getting in each other's way. I don't quite know what to do with him. A couple of nights ago, Dallin got in trouble for not getting ready for bed (really, what night doesn't Dallin get in trouble for refusing to put on pajamas, fighting about teeth brushing, bothering Porter in bed, etc.?). Joe put Dallin in his room until he was ready to get his pajamas on. Dallin tripped over a toy or something when he got sent to his room and he blamed Joe for hurting him. He cried for a minute and then got angry. We listened outside his door while Dallin ranted and raved, "I hate Mom, I hate Dad. I hate Dad so much. Dad is a jerk. I am going to punch Dad in the face with this gun. I will punch Dad so hard with my gun." During this whole tirade, Dallin was in his room, totally naked, except for a pair of socks on his feet, holding his toy shotgun. I think Joe had better sleep with one eye open from now on.

Last week I took Porter and Dallin to Cafe Rio because they like the quesadillas and chips. Porter was really thirsty. He drank a whole Apple Beer himself in under 5 minutes. When he was done, Porter said, "I used all my hungry on my drink because I was so thirsty. Now I am not hungry anymore."

Porter's kindergarten class had a substitute teacher yesterday. Porter said the new teacher turned off the lights himself because he didn't know that is Porter's job. Porter is always supposed to turn off the lights. Some of the other kids have jobs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment