Monday, August 30, 2010

hair cut

Porter after Great Clips


Porter's self-inflicted haircut



Porter decided to give himself a hair cut on Saturday. We have not been able to figure out exactly what happened because they only statements I could get from Porter were "Dallin told me to" and "it was sticking out of the comb." Dallin's account of events was "I didn't think you would be mad" and "[I didn't cut my hair] because I couldn't find the sissors and Porter wouldn't let me use his." What I think happened is this: Porter was supposed to comb his hair. He tried but parts of it were sticking up. He thought about cutting it so it wouldn't stick up and consulted Dallin. Dallin agreed that cutting it was the best solution. Neither foresaw any problems with the haircut, believing that Porter was capable of giving himself a dandy haircut.


After we saw the damage, we took Porter to Great Clips. Porter was practically crying because we said that they would probably have to cut off most of his hair and he didn't want to be bald. He thought it looked the fine the way it was. He hated the hair cut when it was done. Again, he had to fight hard not to cry when he saw how much the lady cut off. He tried to hide for the rest of the weekend so no one, but our family, would see his hair. On Monday though, he couldn't hide from school. He came home feeling better about his hair though, he said the other kids liked it.

2 comments:

  1. Sam did the same when Jay buzzed his hair this summer. He ran to the car so no one would see his new haircut.

    ReplyDelete